Wednesday, 6 February 2008

prizes, prizes, prizes!!

sponsor me to run 5k - every penny you pledge will go straight to Cancer Research UK. for every £5 you give, i'll give you one entry into the prize raffle (so, if you donated £20, you'd get four chances to win!!). i'll keep adding to the list as i get more prize donors, but here's how it looks so far..

anne at knitspot has donated three prizes, each for a $10 gift voucher to her pattern shop! i've knitted a few of her patterns myself, and they're all absolutely beautiful.

dee at posh yarn has donated a HUGE prize - 500 grams of "lucia", a 4-ply merino/cashmere blend yarn, to be custom-dyed to any colour the winner chooses! get it all dyed in one batch & knit a luscious sweater, or get five different colours for five pairs of cozy socks... yum.

natalie at the yarn yard has donated one month of her sock club plus, which gets you two 100 gram skeins of sock yarn in exclusive club colourways, one variegated & one solid.

jeni at fyberspates has donated a generous £50 gift voucher for her online shop, which is chock-full of beautiful handdyed silks, wools, & cashmeres - go drool, and plan how you'll spend all that money.

kat has donated a set of too-cute stitch markers from her etsy shop.

val has offered an amazing knitting bag from her etsy shop, made especially for the prize draw!

keep checking back to see the latest prizes - the list is growing all the time!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you Lilith - it's a great idea :0) My mum died from breast cancer when she was only 48 and far too young so I'm right behind you philosophically, if not literally in the terms of running !

You have my guarantee I will be donating but if you don't mind I'll wait until after pay day next week as I'm a bit skint right now. Hope your training goes well.

Heather

Heather said...

Good for you Lilith - it's a great idea :0) My mum died from breast cancer when she was only 48 and far too young so I'm right behind you philosophically, if not literally in the terms of running !

You have my guarantee I will be donating but if you don't mind I'll wait until after pay day next week as I'm a bit skint right now. Hope your training goes well.

Heather

roro said...

What a great plan and a wonderful thing to do in memory of your dad. I'm so impressed with the run! Go you! The prizes are a lovely bonus too - what a great idea. I'd've sponsored you anyway, but mmm . . . yarn is pretty great idea too. Looking forward to keeping up with the training (in a "reading" not a "running" sense, of course).

Kathleen said...

Hi Lilith, good on you. Good luck with your training. What a positive way to remember your dad.(Been on to donate, I'll send you a wee email.)
x K